Hi all,

Currently I'm tasked with implementing latency metrics calculation feature
according to the proposed architecture [1]. So far I have integrated
carbon-metrics and working on load testing to check if there is any
performance degradation of GW.

[1] [Architecture] Implementing Latency Metrics Calculation Feature in GW

Thank you!

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 10:46 AM, Viraj Senevirathne <vir...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> In ESB 4.10.0 we are introducing new statistic feature which lets user
> drill down service level statistics.
>
> So for higher level statistics we can include,
>
>    - Avg,Min, Maximum Mediation times for each service
>    - Statistics of each endpoints
>    - Allow users to enable and disable statistics for each components
>    - Faults encounters while mediation for each service
>
> These are some extra parameters that exists in current transport latency
> parameters. I think it would be better to incorporate following parameters
> too.
>
>    - Parameters
>    - Messages Received.
>    - Requests received.
>    - Fault in Receiving
>    - Faults in Sending
>    - Min, Max, Avg  message size sent
>    - Min, Max, Avg  message size received
>    - Bytes Received
>    - Bytes received
>    - Timeouts in Receiving
>    - Timeouts in Sending
>    - Active Thread Count
>    - Last Reset Time
>    - Statistics Views for Daily, Hourly, by minutes ( This may be
>    optional)
>

> *Operations*
>
>    - Reset Statistics
>

> Thank You,
>
> On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 10:20 AM, Kasun Indrasiri <ka...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> We may also need a bit of high level stats too.. For instance things we
>> have included in ESB 4.10.
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 10:17 AM, Nadeeshaan Gunasinghe <
>> nadeesh...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> It has been a requirement to implement a feature for keeping track of
>>> the various types of latency metrics in WSO2 GW. At the moment I am
>>> involved in implementing this latency metrics calculation feature according
>>> to the architecture proposed at [1].
>>> As the first step I am capturing the raw data required for calculating
>>> various latency values. These raw data being collected as follows at the
>>> moment,
>>>
>>> *Server Side*
>>>
>>>    - Source Connection Creation time
>>>    - Source Connection life time
>>>    - Request header read time
>>>    - Request body read time
>>>    - Request read time
>>>

>>> *Client Side*
>>>
>>>    - Client connection creation time
>>>    - Client Connection life time
>>>    - Response header read time
>>>    - Response body read time
>>>    - Response read time
>>>

>>> I am going to keep track of these raw data and then transport these data
>>> through the carbon message, as the initial step. Then a latency calculation
>>> engine is going to be implemented to calculate the various types of latency
>>> values such as,
>>>
>>>    - Average Throughput of a connection
>>>    - Average Latency of a connection
>>>    - Average jitter of a connection
>>>    - Message build time
>>>    - Message encoding time
> [...]

Chamil Elladeniya
*Software Engineering **Intern*
Mobile : +94 71 6181154 <%2B94%20%280%29%20773%20451194>
cham...@wso2.com