I have doubts on using an HTTP API to get these details because,

1. It will be costly in terms of performance to call these APIs (and they
might not be free as well).
2. We have no control nor guarantee on their availability (they can
shutdown whenever they want).
3. They will only work if the stats visualizing agent (store/publisher) or
DAS has access to internet.

Can we look for a light-weight open-source database which has region
information based on IP ranges?

Thanks,
NuwanD.

--