The external time could not be expired if no following events comes in,
only the system time window able to provide auto-expire. Actually, to test
this feature, i write something like

// to trigger second round
input.send(new Object[] { 10000, now + 10 * 10000 });

to trigger the expiration(TestExternalBatchWindow).

You might want to send another event and test again.

Thanks,
Ralph