From: Rasika Perera <rasi...@wso2.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 7:42 PM
Subject: Re: [Dev] [UUF] Pagination support in UUF
To: Sudharma Subasinghe <sudhar...@wso2.com>
Cc: Hemika Kodikara <hem...@wso2.com>, Thusitha Kalugamage <
thusi...@wso2.com>, WSO2 Developers' List <dev@wso2.org>, SajithAR
Ariyarathna <sajit...@wso2.com>

Hi Sudharma,

I need server side pagination for my requirements.

I am not clear about the exact requirement. ​Pagination can be achieved
with following options;

​[1]. Full page refresh with path params

​First option is that you can pass path parameters. For example;
https://techcrunch.com/page/2/​, https://techcrunch.com/page/3/.

+org.wso2.sample.app

|----pages

     `--articles

        |-----{id}.hbs

        `-----{id}.js

function onRequest(env) {
    return {"articles": getArticles(env.pathParams['id'])};
}

[2]. Fragments rendering​

​via AJAX​

​I think you can use fragments rendering feature for this. The idea is that
inaddtion to the pages, fragments are accessible through the following api;

http://localhost:9090/pets-store/fragments/devices​
​?offset=1&limit=10​

You can use AJAX call to the above api and update relavant "div" on the
page.

​This api call will look for​ a fragment in your application's fragments
folder. Your query parameters "offset" and "limit" will be mapped as params
for the fragment. You can also resuse the same fragment also in your pages.

*device.hbs*
=======

        {{#each devices}}
        {{/each}}

*devices.js*
*======*
function onRequest(env) {

    var devices;
    if (env.queryParams && (env.queryParams.offset && env.queryParams.limit)) {
        devices = getDevices(env.queryParams.offset, env.queryParams.limit);
    } else {
        devices = getDevices(0, 0);
    }

    return {"devices": devices}
}

function getDevices(offset, limit) {
    var result = [{name: "device1", type: "android"}, {name:
"device2", type: "windows"}];
    if (limit == 0) {
        //no pagination
        return result;
    } else if (offset + limit <= result.size()) {
        //valid pagination
        result = result.slice(offset, limit);
    } else {
        //invalid pagination