Hi all,

When we use MySql 5.7 as the DB and start the server with -Dsetup without
manually executing the scripts at DB level, we have observed the issue
logged at [1] while testing wso2esb-5.0.0-PRE-BETA2-PACK1.zip pack. The
reason behind this is, by default the pack is picking up mysql.sql script
located at [$HOME]/dbscripts directory when started with -Dsetup. A
solution was suggested in this comment [2] to rename the mysql5.7.sql
scripts as mysql.sql when using MySql 5.7 db and we have verified that this
suggestion fixed the issue. We have logged a doc JIRA to include that
information at [3] for now.

Our concern is since this is going to affect all the products when using
MySql5.7 do we have a better solution to automatically select the
mysql version without having to rename the script? Is it possible to add a
property to define the db version somewhere and then point to the relevant
script without renaming the script when starting with -Dsetup? Or any
better solution if possible. Appreciate your feedback on this. Thanks!

[1] https://wso2.org/jira/browse/ESBJAVA-4748
[2]
https://wso2.org/jira/browse/ESBJAVA-4748?focusedCommentId=123463&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-123463
[3] https://wso2.org/jira/browse/DOCUMENTATION-3604

Cheers,
Pubudu D.P
Senior Software Engineer - QA Team | WSO2 inc.
Mobile : +94775464547

Linkedin: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/pubududp
Medium: https://medium.com/@pubududp