Hi,

We have decided to use hybrid approach of option2 and option3 as below.

Common hieradata are added to puppet base repository
[1] with .pmtignore file.
Default platform hieradata are added to product specific
puppet repositories [2] with .pmtignore file .
Platform specific hieradata data are added to product platform artifacts
repositories [3][4].

[1] https://github.com/wso2/puppet-base
[2] https://github.com/wso2/puppet-as
[3] https://github.com/wso2/mesos-artifacts-as