Hi Vishanth,

"Declare -A" option is not working in mac os because bash version of mac os
is not supporting declaring associate arrays [1]. Associative array support
is available from shell version 4 and upwards, and mac os shell version
is 3.2.57.

I am currently looking into an alternative method without using associative
arrays.

[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6047648/bash-4-associative-arrays-error-declare-a-invalid-option