Good afternoon,

I have a question regarding WSO2, Enterprise Service Bus, version 5.0.0, on MS
Windows 7.

Can I replace bundled old Saxon 9.4.0.4 with the latest 9.7.0.11 (to get
support of XSLT 3.0 and XPath 3.1 for XML transformation)? The bundled Saxon is
in ".\wso2esb-5.0.0.zip\wso2esb-5.0.0\lib\endorsed\saxon9he.jar". It is Saxon,
Java version, Home Edition, version 9.4.0.4, if I am right.

When I replace it with the latest Saxon, HE, 9.7.0.11, I get many Java
Exceptions, see below. The possible cause from the point of view of the Michael
Kay, the author of Saxon, can be seen on
"http://stackoverflow.com/questions/40399517/wso2-esb-5-0-0-how-to-replace-bundled-old-saxon-9-4-0-4-with-the-latest-9-7-0-1";.

So, is it possible, recommended, supported... to replace bundled old Saxon with
the new one and/or even with licensed PE or EE 9.7.n.n?

Thank You in advance, Stepan

The error log starts as: 2016-11-03 12:45:14,810 [-] [localhost-startStop-1]
WARN SynapseXMLConfigurationFactory Sequence configuration: fault cannot be
built - Continue in fail-safe mode java.lang.RuntimeException:
XPathFactory#newInstance() failed to create an XPathFactory for the default
object model: http://java.sun.com/jaxp/xpath/dom with the
XPathFactoryConfigurationException:
javax.xml.xpath.XPathFactoryConfigurationException: No XPathFctory
implementation found for the object model: http://java.sun.com/jaxp/xpath/dom
at javax.xml.xpath.XPathFactory.newInstance(Unknown Source)