Hello,

we are using WSO2 AS Server 5.3. We have a long running task in the database
which takes more than 20 minutes to complete. During this time the server
throws a ThreadDeath exception (since it detects a stuck thread) and is killing
the thread that deals with the database.

How can I increase the maximum thread timeout? I have tried to modify the
carbon.xml and change the

    <!-- The Max time a thread should take for execution in seconds -->
    <MaxThreadExecutionTime>600</MaxThreadExecutionTime>

to 1800 (half an hour) but it seems that this makes no difference whatsoever to
the thread timeout. The server keeps killing the thread before this timeout is
reached.

Is there any other flag I can use? I would appreciate any help on this issue.

Regards

Panos