Hi Kasun,

We are glad to see your interest!

The main objective of this project is to develop a real-time machine
learning toolkit for Siddhi [1]. Siddhi CEP is a lightweight, easy-to-use
Open Source Complex Event Processing Engine (CEP) released as a Java
Library under Apache Software License v2.0. The readme page of the Siddhi's
Github repository contains a good overview of the Siddhi library. Also,
SiddhiQL Guide [2] will be helpful you to understand Siddhi Query Language.

Most probably, we will be writing this toolkit as a Siddhi extension.
Therefore, please go through Siddhi Extension Guide [3] to get a quick
overview regarding how to write Siddhi extensions.

In addition to that, if you are not familiar with general machine learning
concepts, I think Chapter 12 of the Mining of Massive Datasets book (link
is provided in the GSco project page) will be really helpful. Also, if you
have some free time please look at other streaming machine learning
libraries such as Apache Samoa[4].

Please go through these Siddhi/ML tutorials/guides. They will be helpful
when it comes to writing your project proposal.

Thanks,
Upul

[1]. https://github.com/wso2/siddhi
[2]. https://docs.wso2.com/display/CEP420/SiddhiQL+Guide+3.1
[3] https://docs.wso2.com/display/CEP420/Writing+Extensions+to+Siddhi
[4] https://samoa.incubator.apache.org/

On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 7:00 PM, Kasun Weerakoon <kasun...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm Kasun Weerakoon, final year undergraduate of University of Moratuwa,
> Sri Lanka. I'm interested about above mentioned project idea as I'm
> passionate about machine learning and deep learning techniques. I have used
> ML in my final year project and have followed the Coursera machine learning
> course by Stanford University as well as a ML course module in the
> university. I've recently participated to the Deep Learning meetup held in
> your organization. I use Java as my major programming language and
> currently  I'm following tutorials on Siddhi. I believe I'm a good
> candidate for this project and hope your guidance for this project.
>
> Regards,
> Kasun Weerakoon.

Upul Bandara,
Mob: +94 715 468 345.