Hi,

The minimum requirement to write a custom JDBC user store manager so far
(before IS 5.3.0) was to simply override the doAuthenticate() method. So a
custom user store that was written for 5.0.0 worked without any
modifications (may be dependency changes).

But when we use the same code on IS 5.3.0, the custom user store
implementations that only override the doAuthenticate() are broken because
account disabled[1] and account locked[2] handlers introduced in IS 5.3.0.

These two handlers call the getUserClaimValues() method of the userstore to
retrieve some claims. Since we haven't overridden the method in custom
userstore implementation it calls the super class. This leads to trying to
find the claims from a non-existing table[3].

One way to solve is to override the getUserClaimValues() method. But in the
PoV of the extension developer, this would be an unnecessary step if the
custom user store is just used for authentication only as explained in [4].

Even in the official docs[5], we do not have any mention of having to
implement the getUserClaimValues() method.

What would be the correct and the most efficient way to resolve this?
Appreciate your thoughts.

[1]
https://github.com/wso2-extensions/identity-event-handler-account-lock/blob/master/components/org.wso2.carbon.identity.handler.event.account.lock/src/main/java/org/wso2/carbon/identity/handler/event/account/lock/AccountDisableHandler.java#L89

[2]
https://github.com/wso2-extensions/identity-event-handler-account-lock/blob/master/components/org.wso2.carbon.identity.handler.event.account.lock/src/main/java/org/wso2/carbon/identity/handler/event/account/lock/AccountLockHandler.java#L186

[3]
https://wso2.org/jira/browse/IDENTITY-6074?focusedCommentId=134555&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-134555

[4] https://wso2.org/jira/browse/IDENTITY-6074

Thanks,