Hi Godwin,

In the EI-Analytics dashboard, we do have an endpoint latency time graph
which provides the maximum, average and minimum latencies for a given
endpoint(Backend) for a given period of time. But you need to specify names
for endpoints in the EI configurations to select it from the graph.

First, from your synapse configuration you need to specify the names
for Endpoints. If you already have named endpoints you should be able to
get latencies via EI Analytics.

Example EP with the name:

<endpoint name="testEP">
         <address uri="http://localhost:8280/services/echo?wsdl"/>
 </endpoint>

Thanks.

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 12:53 PM, Godwin Shrimal <god...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the response Madhaawa. I guess this is something useful if we
> can get this via analytics or JMX.
>
> Thanks
> Godwin
>
> On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 12:58 PM, Madhawa Gunasekara <madha...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Godwin,
>>
>> We can use log4jdbc to check the backend latency of DB Calls. [1]
>>
>> What you have to do is
>>
>> 1) download the log4jdbc jar and paste into the lib folder.
>> 2) modify the log4j.properties file with your preferences :
>>
>> log4j.logger.jdbc.sqltiming=INFO
>>
>> 3) change the integrator.sh file to pass the system properties, you have
>> to specify the driver class in that property
>>     *-Dlog4jdbc.drivers=<driverclass>[,<driverclass>...] *
>> 4) change the datasource configurations as mentioned in the documentation.
>>
>>    - JDBC Driver from* com.mysql.jdbc.Driver *to
>>    *net.sf.log4jdbc.DriverSpy *
>>    - MySQL JDBC Connection string changed from
>>    *jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test* to
>>    *jdbc:log4jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test*
>>
>> [1] http://kveeresham.blogspot.com/2015/03/logging-jdbc-activiti
>> es-using-log4jdbc.html
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Madhawa
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 11:30 AM, Godwin Shrimal <god...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Devs,
>>>
>>> I have a proxy service which calls the DSS over local transport, I want
>>> to check the backend latency of DB calls. Since this is local transport we
>>> cannot use JMX (AFAIK Its anyway not giving endpoint wise stats). What is
>>> the best way to get this?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Godwin
>>>
>>> --
>>> *Godwin Amila Shrimal*
>>> Associate Technical Lead
>>> WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
>>> lean.enterprise.middleware
>>>
>>> mobile: *+94772264165*
>>> linkedin: *https://www.linkedin.com/in/godwin-amila-2ba26844/
>>> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/godwin-amila-2ba26844/>*
>>> twitter: https://twitter.com/godwinamila
>>> <http://wso2.com/signature>
>>>

>> --
>> *Madhawa Gunasekara*
>> Senior Software Engineer
>> WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
>> lean.enterprise.middleware
>>
>> mobile: +94 719411002 <+94+719411002>
>> blog: *http://madhawa-gunasekara.blogspot.com
>> <http://madhawa-gunasekara.blogspot.com>*
>> linkedin: *http://lk.linkedin.com/in/mgunasekara
>> <http://lk.linkedin.com/in/mgunasekara>*
>>

> --
> *Godwin Amila Shrimal*
> Associate Technical Lead
> WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
> lean.enterprise.middleware
>
> mobile: *+94772264165*
> linkedin: *https://www.linkedin.com/in/godwin-amila-2ba26844/
> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/godwin-amila-2ba26844/>*
> twitter: https://twitter.com/godwinamila
> <http://wso2.com/signature>

Vijitha Ekanayake
Senior Software Engineer*, *WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com/
Mobile : +94 777 24 73 39 | +94 718 74 44 08