On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 2:37 PM, Rukshan Premathunga <ruks...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here the additional details user need to provide as argument when setup
> CLI tool.
>
>    - Publisher Endpoint
>    - Registration Endpoint
>    - Admin Endpoint
>    - Token Endpoint
>    - Trust Store path
>    - Trust Store password
>

> From them, Publisher, Registration, Admin and Token endpoints hostname
> can be same. In such cases we can introduce a command argument  --*URL. * If
> URL is provided those urls are derived from that. In case if those apps are
> in diffrent host, user need to edit them in default config file. Since this
> a one time task and not likely to change much, i think it is fine.
> Since all of these configs are mandatory we maintain some default values.
> When user enter setup command, if those configs are not provided, prompt
> user to enter values. If user didn't input any values default values are
> use. Once all the setup execution is complete succesfully, user input save
> to the config file and use next time onward.
>
> Here  the few examples flow, ex:1 show *setup* command with all the
> mandatory arguments and ex: 2 show without mandatory arguments. Hence
> ex:2 prompt them from user.
>
> 1)
> $ ./micro-gw *setup* --user amuser --*password* pass --label account --
> *url* https://localhost:9443/ --*path* /home/user/workspace --*truststore*
> path/to/truststore --*truststorePass* password
> $ Completed
>
> 2)
> $ ./micro-gw *setup* --user amuser --*password* pass --*label* account  --
> *path* /home/user/workspace
> $ Enter *url* [ default https://localhost:9443/ ] :
> https://apim.wso2.com:9443/
> $ Enter *truststore* [ default path/to/truststore  ] : different/path/to/
> truststore
> $ Enter *truststorePass* [ use default? ] : password
> $ Completed
>

> Any suggestions?
>
>From an automation perspective, option #1 is better. And IMHO its better if
we can provide CLI level support for all three endpoints (publisher, dcr
and admin).

How about using a single CLI arguments (ex.: --apim-base-url) for the
simple case of using an all in one APIM, and using different CLI arguments
to pass publisher, dcr and admin endpoints if this is a distributed setup?

For an example, when using an single APIM instance:
./micro-gw *setup* --user amuser --*password* pass --label account --
*apim-base-url* https://localhost:9443/ --*path* /home/user/workspace

When a distributed setup is used:
./micro-gw *setup* --user amuser --*password* pass --label account --
*publisher-url* https://pub.apim.com/publisher
<https://localhost:9443/publisher> --*dcr-url*
https://admin.apim.com/client-reg --*admin-url* https://admin.apim.com/admin
--*path* /home/user/workspace

> Thanks and Regards
>

> On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 11:18 AM, Rukshan Premathunga <ruks...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I guess you are referring to the Microgateway CLI and not the APIM CLI.
>>
>> Yes. It should be Microgateway CLI
>>

>> On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 11:15 AM, Nuwan Dias <nuw...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I guess you are referring to the Microgateway CLI and not the APIM CLI.

>>> --
>>> Nuwan Dias
>>>
>>> Software Architect - WSO2, Inc. http://wso2.com
>>> email : nuw...@wso2.com