On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 11:21 AM Rukshan Premathunga <ruks...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 11:16 AM Thilini Shanika <thili...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 10:53 AM Rukshan Premathunga <ruks...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> ATM generated API definition is in swagger 2. Can we make it OAS 3 for
>>> the new APIs?
>>>
>> Yes, we can change the default version of a newly created API to OAS
>> 3.0.0. However, the API creator is allowed to pick the OAS version(OAS 2 or
>> 3) of the API during API creation time. Are you suggesting to remove the
>> default support for OAS 2.0(For newly designed APIs)?
>>
> Yes, my suggestion is, if a user doesn't have an OAS definition, generate
> an OAS 3 definition for them. If they have an OAS definition, allowing them
> to import OAS 2 or 3 definition. So we will maintain the same OAS version
> afterward.

I also think this would be okay. If anyone wants to stick with OAS 2.0,
they have an import OAS 2.0 option.
Maintaining two different API designers at UI level would not be good in
terms of maintenance. We would one day anyway have to move to the designer
to 3.0.0 as we did for 1.2 -> 2.0 in the past. Since this is a major
release, this is a good time to do it as Pubudu said. @Rukshan Premathunga
<ruks...@wso2.com>,  if we move to 3.0.0, can we completely remove the UI
designer code used for 2.0 and keep only 3.0.0 related code?

Thanks!

When new API is created from an OAS 2 or 3, we can create from the same
>>> imported version. Existing API also can be kept as an existing version.
>>>
>>> Thanks and Regards
>>>
>>> --
>>> Rukshan C. Premathunga | Associate Technical Lead | WSO2 Inc.
>>> (m) +94711822074 | (w) +94112145345 | Email: ruks...@wso2.com
>>> GET INTEGRATION AGILE
>>> Integration Agility for Digitally Driven Business
>>>

>> --
>> Thilini Shanika
>> Associate Technical Lead
>> WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com
>> 20, Palmgrove Avenue, Colombo 3
>>

> --
> Rukshan C. Premathunga | Associate Technical Lead | WSO2 Inc.
> (m) +94711822074 | (w) +94112145345 | Email: ruks...@wso2.com
> GET INTEGRATION AGILE
> Integration Agility for Digitally Driven Business

--
Malintha Amarasinghe
*WSO2, Inc. - lean | enterprise | middleware*

Mobile : +94 712383306