> On Sep 28, 2020, at 12:08 PM, Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Maybe test-patch should complain if it has a token that lacks this
> permission?

        I actually had some code to do that but yanked it.  On a few trial runs
with GitHub Actions when using the built-in token, /authorize wasn't actually
setting the X-OAuth-Header that tells what scopes that token has. :( [This
feels like a bug in GitHub but I want to verify it with a few different
scenarios--esp Jenkins using a GitHub App--before I pester GitHub about it.]

        I do know that (usually) Jenkins itself complains about it because it
will also try to update repo status.

        Also discovered this morning that Jenkins doesn't always set the
GIT_COMMIT env variable which will mess things up too.  That's easier to
fix/workaround though.