> On Nov 12, 2021, at 4:08 PM, Allen Wittenauer <a...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Just a heads up:
>
>       I need to test docker hub’s built-in multiplatform building
> capabilities.  In order to do this testing, I need to create a branch in the
> apache repo since it requires an enterprise account and therefore can’t use
> my own stuff to test.
>
>       As a side note, so far the biggest issue I’ve had with building the
> Yetus container on M1 has been hadolint as the author doesn’t have an arm64
> build readily available.  I’ve also been able to build both x86_64 and arm64
> on my machine simultaneously which is pretty nifty.  Now to see if it works
> automatically via docker hub….

Just as a follow-up:

        - I have arm64 working on my MBP M1 w/the exception of hadolint
        - building both amd64 and arm64 simultaneously took a very long time
and never really finished, but this was likely due to memory exhaustion
        - Docker hub builders are broken for multiarch
        - Github builders work and much faster than my MBP. :D

Two PRs opened to enable this:

        - https://github.com/apache/yetus/pull/238
                - enabled other architectures in the Dockerfile
                - with the correct incantations, will multi build via
hooks/build
        - https://github.com/apache/yetus/pull/239
                - enables multi build for amd64 and arm64 on GitHub
                - pushes results to ghcr.io/apache/yetus(-base):(foo) on main
and tags
                - docker pull (private GitHub repo)/yetus:main does pull down
amd64 or arm64 as appropriate