Github user bzz commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/994

    Thank you for the feedback @echarles !

    I think it should be fine to add missing bits, as soon as they are
identified and there is somebody with actual use case for it later on. Would
you be willing to log it as a JIRA issue?

    As person who did release management for Zeppelin before - I had no
troubles with release plugin, although calling it multiple times with different
arguments, instead of single script was quite error prone.

    If a manager for a current release though wants to try another solution and
provides a robust one (as in this PR) - it should be fine, especially given
that we can always get back to the plugins if desired.

---
with INFRA.
---