Hi all,

As per previous discussion I had with Alex Bezzubov on the users mailing
list, I have created two new JIRA issues ([1] and [2]) explaining in more
detail what I think we should ultimately strive for in our ongoing work to
improve matplotlib integration in zeppelin. For now I think I will be able
to handle the bulk of the work for the static images backend issue
[ZEPPELIN-1345] on my own, but more collaboration will be needed to get
interactive plotting to work.  Please feel free to discuss any thoughts or
suggestions you may have here.

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-1344
[2] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-1345

Thanks,