Hi Moon,

Thank you for the informative response. You are right, this is all in fact
explicitly stated in the most recent set of matplotlib release notes[1].
This won't really apply to the static inline plotting backend that I will
be tackling first which will mostly be pure python, but it will probably be
good to keep this in mind when we begin work on the interactive plotting.

[1] - http://matplotlib.org/users/whats_new.html#interactive-oo-usage

Thanks,
Alex