GitHub user zjffdu reopened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/1333

    [ZEPPELIN-1334] Environment variable defined in interpreter setting doesn't
take effect

    ### What is this PR for?
    I define SPAKR_HOME in interpreter setting, but it doesn't take effect.
This PR is for bring back the environment variable defined in interpreter
setting.  The root cause is that we reset the env after creating
RemoteInterpreter.
    ```
             new RemoteInterpreter(property, noteId, className,
conf.getInterpreterRemoteRunnerPath(),
                 interpreterPath, localRepoPath, connectTimeout, maxPoolSize,
                 remoteInterpreterProcessListener, appEventListener);
        remoteInterpreter.setEnv(env);
    ```

    ### What type of PR is it?
    [Bug Fix]

    ### Todos
    * [ ] - Task

    ### What is the Jira issue?
    * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-1334

    ### How should this be tested?
    Tested manually.  Create 2 spark interpreter setting, one for spark1
another is for spark2. And define SPARK_HOME for each interpreter. Then I can
run both spark1 and spark2 in one zeppelin instance.

    ### Screenshots (if appropriate)

![image](https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/164491/17696073/b64b1014-63de-11e6-88ab-d26b1c2fa75c.png)

    ### Questions:
    * Does the licenses files need update? No
    * Is there breaking changes for older versions? No
    * Does this needs documentation? No

    $ git pull https://github.com/zjffdu/zeppelin ZEPPELIN-1334

    https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/1333.patch

    This closes #1333

----
commit 3e7c1fabf364c8b6cfcb2b28fcfac0618cfb36aa
Author: Jeff Zhang <zjf...@apache.org>
Date:   2016-08-16T10:16:58Z

    [ZEPPELIN-1334] Environment variable defined in interpreter setting doesn't
take effect

commit 50934a00ecd44a6d17ffaa5967f9ab7aadfcbb2f
Author: Jeff Zhang <zjf...@apache.org>
Date:   2016-08-19T06:20:01Z

    add test case

----