Github user FRosner commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/2120

    Looking at the discussion and the different issues I see what you mean
@1ambda. We are actually having two issues:

    1. Local changes are overwritten when the notebook gets updates from the
server (e.g. someone renames a note)
    2. Local changes are not propagated on a regular basis (and you risk bigger
conflicts when editing simultaneously)

    The first point is addressed by #2176 #2177 more than this PR, because even
when saving on losing focus you might risk losing local changes if you didn't
lose the focus and someone renames, correct?

    The second point is addressed in a way here but as mentioned in one of the
other discussions we should really move towards real time updates where every
keystroke gets transmitted (or at least while typing maybe after a few seconds)
and you can see the cursor of the other users in your paragraph (similar to
Google Docs).

    Does it make sense?

---
with INFRA.