Github user fireboy1919 commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-zeppelin/pull/413#issuecomment-190402397

    In order to minimize changes, the code that I wrote applies when the data
is serialized rather than being written into the interpreters.  So it's
probably enough different to warrant scrapping the request, even if I would
take some of the ideas from it.

    In lieu of making another pull request, and in light of Leemoonsoo's
comments, might I suggest splitting this into the issues that he mentioned:
    1)  Create a serializable common tabular data type (e.g., TabularResultType
or JDBCResultType).
    2)  Make the base interpreter capable of sending its results to data pools.
    3)  Make the front-end capable of using this data (for that part, I'd
probably refactor quite a lot of what I've written in this pull request).
    4)  Make a REST API that can download tabular data that comes from the
resource pool (this looks to have a JIRA ticket for it already:  ZEPPELIN-201)

    I can't find any tickets for any of the first three things, but I'm happy
to adapt the code that I've written to cover things one at a time.  The second
item could potentially have more thought.

    Does that cover what you're thinking, @Leemoonsoo?  And if so, are there
any tickets or existing work being done that I am unaware of that relates to
these issues, or should I write some?

---
with INFRA.
---