Github user elbamos commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-zeppelin/pull/208#issuecomment-195050132

    The standard in R is that the return value of an expression is determined
by the interpreter. When a data.frame is returned, the interpreter in the R
distro prints a few lines; knitr formats the display differently; and Rstudio
acts as a passthrough to the interpreter.

    So while I'm open to doing it differently, I'm pretty sure the way it works
now is actually both R-correct and Zeppelin-correct.

    > On Mar 10, 2016, at 3:50 PM, Jeff Steinmetz <notificati...@github.com>
wrote:

    > I don't think this should output the result as a zeppelin table:
    >
    > %r
    >
    > mtcars
    > Since it's not in line with how R or R Studio responds.
    > It also drops the row ids, so its missing an important part of the data
frame.

    > —

---
with INFRA.