If the goal is to get this TTL feature in an upcoming release then I'd say
back port it to 3.5 is more realistic. We are in middle of release but I
think the patch should be able to make in, if the back port can be done
next week.

My only concern is that this feature is missing C client work. So we will
release a new feature that only has Java client. I assume this is not a big
deal, but I thought I should hear what others think about this.

--
Cheers
Michael.