Github user revans2 commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/453

    Thank you to everyone who reviewed the patch, but with the help of Fangmin
Lv I found one case that the original patch didn't cover.  I have reworked the
patch to cover that case, but to do so I had to take a completely different
approach.

    I think this is a better approach because it reuses a lot of the code that
was originally run to load the database from disk.  So now instead of reloading
the entire database from disk, we apply all of the uncommitted transactions in
the log to the in memory database.  This should put it in exactly the same
state as if we had cleared the data and reloaded it from disk, but with much
less overhead.

---