Hi dev team,

Have you seen this?

https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/relocation-of-apache-git-repositories
<https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/relocation-of-apache-git-repositories>

I think we should volunteer for a coordinated migration of ZooKeeper, although
the project is not too big, so the impact of a forced process probably wouldn’t
be so much.

There’re some benefits though:
- We could move to GitBox earlier rather than later, so we could take advantage
of GitHub write access for example,
- Migration needs a write-lock in place during the process, so we can avoid
some unfortunate surprises,
- git-wip-us.apache.org <http://git-wip-us.apache.org/> will have CNAMEs to
gitbox, so it’ll be operational for some time, but the read-only git.apache.org
<http://git.apache.org/> will go away (not sure about the timing though), that
we use in some of our Jenkins builds. It would be better to migrate Jenkins
configs in a coordinated fashion rather than when the house is burning.

There’re a bunch of unkowns in each project, hence Infra guys recommend the
coordinated way, but we need an agreement in the community, so please share
your thoughts.

Regards,
Andor