Hi,

We started a discussion on Slack about branching/not branching for new releases
like branch-3.5.6, branch-3.6.0, etc. I noticed that Enrico has not created
branch for 3.6.0 and I’d like to talk about the motivations.

Personally I’ve found the separate branch useful in the release process,
because I didn’t have to ask people not to submit new patches on branch-3.5 due
to ongoing release process. On the flipside, fixes which have come up during
release validation had to be submitted for 2 branches: branch-3.5 and
branch-3.5.X.

Either way I would keep our current branching strategy, but also would like to
hear everybody’s opinion.

Regards,
Andor