Thank you Mate for checking and explaining this story.

I find it very interesting that the cause is ZOOKEEPER-3188 as:
- it is the last "big patch" committed to 3.6 before starting the
release process
- it is the cause of the failure of the first RC

In my experience when you are close to a release it is better to to
make big changes. (I am among the approvers of that patch, so I am
responsible for this change)

This is a pointer to the change to whom who wants to understand better
the context
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/1048/files#diff-7a209d890686bcba351d758b64b22a7dR11

IIUC even for the upgrade from 3.4 to 3.5 the story was the same and
if this statement holds then I feel we can continue
with this release.

- Reverting ZOOKEEPER-3188 is not an option for me, it is too complex.
- Making 3.5 and 3.6 "compatible" can be very tricky and we do not
have tools to certify this compatibility (at least not in the short
term)

I would like to ear from people that have been in the community for
long time, then I am ready to complete the release process for
3.6.0rc2.

I will update the website and the release notes with a specific
warning about the upgrade, we should also update the Wiki

Enrico