Hi,

Answers inline.

> In my experience when you are close to a release it is better to to
> make big changes. (I am among the approvers of that patch, so I am
> responsible for this change)

Although this statement is acceptable for me, I don’t feel this patch should
not have been merged into 3.6.0. Submission has been preceded by a long
argument with MAPR folks who originally wanted to be merged into 3.4 branch
(considering the pace how ZooKeeper community is moving forward) and we reached
an agreement that release it with 3.6.0.

Make a long story short, this patch has been outstanding for ages without much
attention from the community and contributors made a lot of effort to get it
done before the release.

> I would like to ear from people that have been in the community for
> long time, then I am ready to complete the release process for
> 3.6.0rc2.

Me too.

I tend to accept the way rolling restart works now - as you described Enrico -
and given that situation was pretty much the same between 3.4 and 3.5, I don’t
feel we have to make additional changes.

On the other hand, the fix that Mate suggested sounds quite cool, I’m also
happy to work on getting it in.

Fyi, Release Management page says the following:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/ReleaseManagement

"major.minor release of ZooKeeper must be backwards compatible with the
previous minor release, major.(minor-1)"

Andor