Rebecca,

If you know of anything I am interested as I don't like building and supporting
something unnecessary.

This tooling isn't trying to reinvent anything but is really focused on
providing reusable/sharable functionality that can then be pieced together by a
platform to produce the required output.  Today in edk2 you see shell script
files (bash/bat) and a lot of redefinition of variables and assumptions.  This
is made much worse in complex closed src code bases, complicated pre and post
build requirements, and even then managing the path and locations to tools and
scripts is a fragile mess.  In practice this environment has made our build
process much more reliable, lower cost to maintain, and immune to necessary
churn at all levels of the code tree.  It also has allowed our products to get
significant code reuse so we lower the cost of ongoing maintenance and new
feature introduction.

Looking forward to gathering more input from the community as we all don't need
to build similar things.

Thanks
Sean