On 11/05/19 19:00, Ashish Singhal wrote:

> I agree that I can use the platform boot manager protocol to modify
> the boot variable and give the custom optional data I need, but that
> would not stop UefiBootManagerLib from creating another boot option
> with mBmAutoCreateBootOptionGuid as the optional data on the next
> bootup which I would have to delete every time in the platform boot
> manager driver.

>From a purely pragmatic perspective, I would act exactly like you
describe above. I'm not saying that this is the cleanest design, or that
it has the best performance. However, it also does not introduce
technical debt -- it's not a "wrong" thing to do --, and (from past
experience) keeping it 100% in platform code produces the least amount
of friction, and allows for the smoothest development. Extending
UefiBootManagerLib has always been an uphill battle.

Thanks
Laszlo