On 09/26/20 04:52, Andrew Fish via groups.io wrote:
> Bret,
>
> Details aside this ECC issue got me thinking it might be useful to some how
> tag code that follows different, subsetted, or alternate rules, or uses
> different build environments. I was kind of thinking of doing something like
> how we tag the licenses in the header comments [1]. I would say nothing means
> edk2 rules. I can see vendors maybe having different internal rules, or us
> wanting to distinguish test code from production code. The general idea if we
> start this tools can be smarter and that seems like a good thing.
>
>  This is just a wild idea, so I’d like to see what other people think?

Concerning header files that help edk2 interface with other systems --
although it's more work, I prefer re-coding those header files manually
(even better: coding them afresh from published specs!), over importing
(otherwise license-compatible) headers from other projects. In my
experience, this sustains a very "native" look & feel to edk2, plus it's
an awesome incentive for programmers to add the structs and macros that
are *really* needed for the upcoming drivers / applications.

Thanks!
Laszlo