Hi Leif,

On 06/10/2021 02:59, Leif Lindholm via groups.io wrote:
On Mon, Oct 04, 2021 at 19:03:40 +0700, Nhi Pham wrote:
Hi Leif,

There are two comments that I would like to clarify with you.

On 23/09/2021 20:49, Leif Lindholm wrote:
+VOID
+Ac01PcieMmioWr (
+  UINT64 Addr,
+  UINT32 Val
+  )
+{
+  Ac01PcieCsrOut32Serdes ((VOID *)Addr, (UINT32)Val);
+}
+
+VOID
+Ac01PciePuts (
Wait, what. We have *two* sets of output overlays in this patch?
This function is consumed by PCIe PHY library (PHYLib). We are making this
wrapper function to conform with the function prototype defined by PHYLib.

We will reduce DEBUG_PCIE_PHY by using directly the DEBUG (). Does it look
good to you?
It's still a little bit awkward, but if that's the only way to get
debug out of PCYLib...

+VOID
+Ac01PcieDelay (
+  UINT32 Val
+  )
+{
+  MicroSecondDelay (Val);
No, use MicroSecondDelay directly.
Seems above. This wrapper function is to conform with the function prototype
consumed by PHYLib. It's hard to change it.
So, I'm assuming this PHYLib is a library shared across multiple
codebases?
Yes, it's a real pain in the neck so it's hard to change the PHYLib framework to satisfy the EDK2 coding style.

Would it be possible for PHYLib to link in ArmArchTimerLib directly
and wrap this there instead? Something about this integration just
feels kind of backwards to me.

Thanks Leif. That's great idea.

I will wrap it and re-send the patchset for PHYLib in the edk2-non-osi repository as well.

Best regards,

Nhi

Because we now have (sort of) an undocumented dircular dependency:
this driver declares a dependency of PciePhyLib, but that library
needs to be manually initialized by this driver.

/
     Leif