On Wed, Jan 18, 2023 at 02:37:11PM +0000, Ni, Ray wrote:
> Gerd,
> I think comments from patch #1 explains:

Not, it doesn't.  We are running in circles.  I keep asking about the
producer, you are answering that saying what the consumer should do.

So, you apparently want do SMM initialization earlier, in some PEI
module.  OK.  Open questions:

 * Why do you want do it in PEI instead?  The cover letter claims this
   improves boot performance.  I don't buy that.  You are not skipping
   the relocation process, you are just doing it somewhere else.
 * Where is the code?
 * It is totally unclear whenever it is possible and/or useful to
   initialize SMM that way on OVMF.

take care,
  Gerd