OK. Maintainer should do code review. I have no doubt on that.

My confusion is about "reviewer" role. What is criteria and what is
responsibility?

Are you saying that "reviewer" just means that someone raised the hand and
said: "I want to be notified", and there is no expectation that he/she would
review the patch?

I would like to understand more on how that works and what that means.
Would you please give a URL for the reviewer definition in Linux Kernel?

Thank you
Yao, Jiewen