From: Gerd Hoffmann <kra...@redhat.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2024 8:36 AM
To: devel@edk2.groups.io; Doug Flick <dougfl...@microsoft.com>
Cc: Jon Maloy <jma...@redhat.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] pixiefail

[You don't often get email from kra...@redhat.com. Learn why this is important
at https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification ]

  Hi,

What is the state of affairs wrt. the pixiefail vulnerabilities?

The advisory is published
(https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/security/advisories/GHSA-hc6x-cw6p-gj7h),
it says the plan is to have the fixes included in the next (Feb 2024) stable
tag.  I see bugzilla has patches attached, most of them written by Doug Flick.
There is not that much time left until code freeze starts.  Shouldn't we get
the ball rolling to get the patches reviewed and merged?  Given that the
pixiefail details where published last week it should be ok to simply send the
patches to the devel list for review.

thanks & take care,
  Gerd