I agree on your sentiment about Bugzilla (bz) not being ideal for this.
This space has been a multi-year journey from usrt-based tickets, bespoke
advisories, bz, etc into today's world of tianocore infosec, tianocore as
its own CVE Naming Authority (CNA) and working to leverage the extant
features of github. On that latter point, there is work afoot to evolve
from the present bz-based process
https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/Reporting-Security-Issues
to a github-based one
https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/GHSA-GitHub-Security-Advisories-Proceess-(Draft).
Things are in transition now and I'd echo Doug's sentiment that getting
more feedback and engagement from the community would be valuable in
getting the various parts tested, evolved, documented, reviewed, etc.
Vincent