On 4/17/2024 2:41 PM, Oliver Smith-Denny wrote:
Now, for the case of ARM64, where you have 64k runtime
granularity and often will end up with the case of many
extra pages in a code section, those pages will be marked
as RO and executable, even though they contain garbage. I think
it would be worthwhile to mark the excess garbage pages, if they
exist for a given section, as RP. Nothing should be using them
in any fashion, they are padding.

I thought this through some more. We can't do this because of
the UEFI spec provision that says no 64k region can have different
attributes set. So, we leave open the possibility of executing
garbage :)

Oliver