Hi Ard,

Thais is an attribute of Mergify.  I do not see a way to change that
behavior.

I do not know if using the GitHub merge capability or other merge services
provides different behavior here or not.

This specific request is not related to the change to GitHub PRs
for code review.  There is no intention to change the requirement
for a maintainer to set the 'push' label and no intention to change
away from Mergify at this time.

Perhaps we can open your request as an independent request that we
can find an owner to evaluate options and provide recommendations.

Thanks,

Mike