Can you provide more details on the impact of the loss?

I am curious how other GitHub projects handle this topic. I see it
is possible with squash and merge to amend the commit message, but
I do not see any features that allow all the commits in a series to
be amended.  TianoCore does not use squash and merge.

The main reason to remove this edit of the commit messages is that
the commit message edits look like a new version of the series to
git/GitHub and requires review again.  This extra edit is also a
manual process and there is a history of maintainers missing who
did the reviews and acks.  The state in the GitHub PR is always
accurate.

> > * The Pull Request submitter is required to invite the required
> >   maintainers and reviewers to the pull request. This is the same
> >   set of maintainers and reviewers that are required to be listed in
> >   Cc: tags in today's process.
> > * Maintainers are responsible for verifying that all conversations in
> >   the code review are resolved and that all review approvals from the
> >   required set of maintainers are present before setting the 'push'
> label.
> >

> > Please provide feedback
> > 1) If you are not in favor of this change.
>
> It is sad that we're moving to PRs after I finally got a nice and
> sane(ish!) email workflow (openfw.io + b4). Otherwise, no objections,
> it's better than edk2.git's half-email half-PR frankenprocess.
> I'd guess this change only encompasses edk2.git? How about the other
> repos? Any timeline for those?

The plan is to apply this to all repos, one at a time.  Need to get the
revised process documented and working in one repo before applying to all.