On  3 October 2001, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi. This actually works, thank you !

If you are talking about my patches I sent the list, then
a] This work around is for all modems. It uses modem memory for reception
of SMSs and uses direct SMS sending to send SMSs. It tends to be more
reliable.
b] Andreas Fink has written the AT2 driver which uses SMS version two and
has a few advantages because of that. I suggest he re-writes the list on
how to set up that driver so we can all help debug it with him.
c] I will have new patches as of tomorrow which fix a few more bugs and
yeild the original AT driver even better then my last patches. The only
way to loose SMSs is by sending and failing to send 4 times, as per the
RETRIES variable, set in the smsc_at.c file.

d] I require a nominee before I can patch the CVS tree ... would
you / someone mind nominating me ?

e] The new patches will stop the kannel log from growing when there are no
incvoming / outgoing SMSs ... this was originally for debugging.

--
Matt
Common computer data descriptions....