>Hi,
>
>I would like to differenciate sendsms requests for a unique sendsms user
>defined (there will be several users of a unique sendmsms account). I can't
>use &from variable or &text or &smsc which are used for another aim. Is
>there any other variable to do that ? Is someone interesting to add it ?
>
>Thanks in advance for your help.                       Gildas.

I would be more than happy to have this too for accounting purposes.
What I suggest is that we do the following:

username:account

This way, we can have chains of Kannel providers with proper logging
and accounting. For example:

internet service provider A offers an e-mail to SMS service. he
forwards the message from his application to kannel and passes on
username to his local kannel as "customername". The request would be
routed to another wholesale provider using kannel as well. There the
username would appear as "ispname:customername". So if at any time
there's a query on a message, this mechanism can be easily used to
pull out the logs. Also the wholesaler can make accounting specific
to the isp's different customers or services.

The thing for this to work is:

a) user accounting only uses username up to the ":" sign to authorize.
b) original username is passed on appended on the HTTP SMSC (must be
configurable for security and/or backward compatibility).

comments?

--

Andreas Fink
Fink-Consulting

Tel: +41-61-6932730 Fax: +41-61-6932729  Mobile: +41-79-2457333
Address: A. Fink, Schwarzwaldallee 16, 4058 Basel, Switzerland
E-Mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Homepage: http://www.finkconsulting.com
Something urgent? Try http://www.smsrelay.com/  Nickname afink