>Hi list.
>
>I'm trying to compile kannel with mySQL support for dlr, and I'm having
>some problems with the include files.
>I've configured kannel with --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql (where mysql
>is installed in our system - which is pretty standard for a /usr/local
>installation). now configure builds the include switch as
>-I/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql which seems apropriate to me.
>looking at the code I found to places that reference mysql : in gw/dlr.c
>and gw/shared.c . while the latter #include <mysql_version.h> (note: no
>relative path - should work) the former #include <mysql/mysql.h> which
>doesn't work since the relative path prefix makes gcc look for the file
>at /usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/mysql/mysql.h which doesn't exists of
>course.

I think what you need to do is a "make install" of your mysql
installation. That should put the files into the places where they
belong.

include files should be in

/usr/local/include/mysql/*.h

and library in

/usr/local/lib

or for other installations (like my RedHat 7.1) in /usr/include/mysql
and /usr/lib  depending on what you have set as PATH.

in the worst case a simple symbolic link from /usr/include/mysql
pointing to your include files directory should do the trick.

--

Andreas Fink
Fink-Consulting

Tel: +41-61-6932730 Fax: +41-61-6932729  Mobile: +41-79-2457333
Address: A. Fink, Schwarzwaldallee 16, 4058 Basel, Switzerland
E-Mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Homepage: http://www.finkconsulting.com
Something urgent? Try http://www.smsrelay.com/  Nickname afink