I think you missed the point. my files are where they are supposed to
be. all the include files are at /usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/*.h
which is where they're supposed to be in a --prefix=/usr/local/mysql
installation of mySQL.. you refer to a --prefix=/usr/local installation,
which is not the case here - note the kannel configuration switch I
used.
I simply claim that the two files that include mySQL headers don't agree
with each other where those headers are supposed to be, and one of them
does not agree with the configure script - in which case one of those
should be fixed : either the configure script and gw/shared.c or
gw/dlr.c.

[oded@superion gateway]$./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql
--enable-mysql-dlr
[oded@superion gateway]$ make
<snip>
gcc -D_REENTRANT=1 -I. -I/usr/include/libxml2/libxml
-I/usr/include/libxml2 -DBROKEN_PTHREADS=1
-I/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql -o gw/dlr.o -c gw/dlr.c
gw/dlr.c:47: mysql/mysql.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [gw/dlr.o] Error 1
[oded@superion gateway]$ rgrep '#include.*mysql' *
gw/dlr.c:#include <mysql/mysql.h>
gw/shared.c:#include <mysql_version.h>
[oded@superion gateway]$ locate mysql_version.h
/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/mysql_version.h
[oded@superion gateway]$ locate mysql.h
/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/mysql.h

mysql_version.h and mysql.h are located at the same directory, but the
sources expect them to be at a different location.
Please state if you do not wish to fix the sources, in which case I'll
have to submit for mySQL AB to fix their installation script to copy the
files based on where Kannel expects them to be.

Thanks

Oded Arbel
m-Wise ltd.