Kannel should not have a 5Mb store size - that in itself is an indication that
something is wrong. when you get an "empty reply from service provider", it means that
your application returned an empty reply instead of an MT message, and you did not
specify "omit empty" in the sms-service configuration. it's ok to return empty replies
if you don't want an MT to be sent back for every MO (that's the setup we are using),
but you must specify "omit empty". I'd hazard a guess saying that the reason that you
got only the "empty" messages on the store file, is that only those messages were
unrouteable due to problems with the smsc-id routing rules, and so the gathered up in
the store file and were not purged.

For example, in one high load production environment we run Kannel on 6 SMPP
connections, we have on the average a store file weighing a few tens of KBs, at most a
couple hundered. if messages are delivered properly, the store file should never
contain more messages then are currently "on the air". the fact that you have MBs of
messages "on the air" is an indication of a problematic configuration.

--
Oded Arbel
m-Wise Mobile Solutions

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mobile: +972-67-340014
Tel: +972-9-9581711 (ext: 116)

::..
I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said, "I drank what?"
        -- from "Real Genius"