ביום חמישי, 8 באוגוסט 2002, 19:25, Nisan Bloch כתב:
> Hi Oded

Hi.

> This looks great. I will do some testing this weekend. We have also done an
> inhouse SOAP module, but far less generic than yours.  So I can test to
> these providers, and I can test it on our proprietory simple XML/HTTP API.

Thanks.

> The XML example you have is not quite correct for SOAP, but then neither is
> it correctly structured for XML-RPC, so its more like XML over HTTP. But
> that is really irrelevant as the templates do the work.

Well - one thing I can tell you about the providers we work for : their not
much for standard compliance. Bouygues Telecom is the best provider we worked
with so far (regarding actually knowing about XML before writing for it) and
they have a DTD for every single message and response in their system, none
of which is corret ;-)

> One problem we did run into in our SOAP modules when under load, is that
> the Kannel HTTP client library is not effecient enough. This rears it head
> even more with a SOAP server that is *slow*. One ends up with lots of
> queued messages in bearerbox. We ended up using libcurl with a configurable
> amount of sender threads.

Same here. I did some work to improve that, but nothing major came out of that
yet, and the current behaviour of the SOAP module of using more "callers"
seems sufficient even for one of our providers which sometimes take upto a
*minute* to deliver a reponse the the HTTP request.

> Some other problems we have bumped into with  some SOAP servers, eg those
> built with Wasp are often set up to expect a persistent connection between
> sending your request and getting an acknowledgement. And then others use a
> "session id" that must be honoured in the SOAP-ENV:Header.

Haven't encountered that, but I'm sure it's solvable.

> And finally did you consider using a XSL processor - like Sablot? Generate
> a XSL style sheet to "map" the providers XML onto an internal form that
> Kannel knows about?

No - don't know much about XSL. I have considered using an XPath "translator"
for the complicated stuff, but decided to let it go and just release the
thing already - it's been something close to two months since I last did
anything major on that module (half of that time could easily be explained by
me going on Army Reserves duty). I should have released earlier, but wanted
to clean up more. I did release the module so that other people could put
some work on it, and if you think going over to XSL is a good idea, then I'd
love to see you pull it off :-) I'll read about it, but with the current work
load (more infrastructure work, some designing, at least two more providers
with proprietry protocols to support - all of which I have yet to read the
specs of) don't know when I'll get to it.

- --
Oded Arbel
m-Wise mobile solutions

::..
Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some
watery tart threw a sword at you!