Hi list,

I have information, which maybe usefull for you.

Currently SMPP DLR checks deliver_sm PDU's short_message field for value like:
"id:IIIIIIIIII sub:SSS dlvrd:DDD submit date:YYMMDDhhmm done date:YYMMDDhhmm
stat:DDDDDDD err:E Text: . . . . . . . . . "

That was not suitable for me, because my smsc provider doesn't send
anything in short_message field. Instead, they have optional fields
(described in SMPP 3.4 spec): receipted_message_id (C-octsrt, 65) ,
message_state (int, 1).
receipted_message_id is the same as deliver_sm_resp.message_id and it is
unique value (contains timestamp, date, .....).

I was forced to add some fields to deliver_sm definition and make some
changes in smsc_smpp.c (they are not very clean, but at least I can get
DLR).

Also here was talks about different formats of message_id, in my case
its always C-octstr (as in SMPP 3.4 spec).

If you would like to add new mechanism of SMPP DLR based on
message_state and receipted_message_id, I can contribute.

Best Regards,

--
David Chkhartishvili