Isn't that the same thing ? the hard-coded defaults are used to set the TON and NPI
for each message, and setting the configuration directives override that. it cannot be
that the same code when used with hard-coded defualts and when used with configuration
loaded behaves differently, as the code has no distinction of where the data came
from.

> Check smsc_smpp.c, the logic is this:

> Maybe the logic should be chnged, so that the config parameters
> are the defaults, instead. It's an easy fix.

Since there are several "default" setting, I'm not sure how do you suggest to do so.

> Anyway, don't you think that the ton and npi values should've
> been preserved for the reply message?

No. first - it's out of the scope of the module. would you suggest that the module
would cache all the ton and npi received in hopes that an MT will be sent as a
response ?
Second - what about send-sms service ? some people reply using the send-sms interface.

--
Oded Arbel
m-Wise mobile solutions

+972-9-9581711 (116)
+972-67-340014

::..
It took a while to surface, but it appears that a long-distance credit card
may have saved a U.S. Army unit from heavy casualties during the Grenada
military rescue/invasion. Major General David Nichols, Air Force ... said
the Army unit was in a house surrounded by Cuban forces.  One soldier found
a telephone and, using his credit card, called Ft. Bragg, N.C., telling Army
officiers there of the perilous situation. The officers in turn called the
Air Force, which sent in gunships to scatter the Cubans and relieve the unit.
                -- Aviation Week and Space Technology