> There are numerous changed lines that are redundant with previous code - for
> example, all the places where you set the NPI to E164 can be safeuly removed,
> i.e. - instead of modifying UNKNOWN to E164 - simply remove the assignment,
> because the default is E164.

I did that as a precaution, if I change the default NPI while I'm
playing with TON/NPI values.

> So basicly, what you do is to change the default TON to be INTERNATIONAL and
> not assign NPI_UNKNOWN under any condition. from first glance I don't think
> this is correct, as that way you can't send national MSISDNs, and anyway -

The patch I send you is no way correct, its just something I
hacked, and it works for me.

> the decision to use national, international or alphanumeric TON should be
> handled by the internal logic - which your patch does not fix (if it indeed
> broken, which I'm still not convinced it is).

Well, I still beleive that a message that's received with certain
values for ton/npi/address, should be replied to with the same
values.

> So - the only difference between your changes and setting force ton/npi is the
> ability of the internal logic to set TON to ALPHANUMERIC if the MSISDN has
> non-digit characters.

This is true.

--
Damjan Georgievski