> Now you confuse me. According to the specs of SMPP 3.4, the message ID comes as C
>string. So why should we care if it is hex or decimal? The length can be even up to
>65 characters.
>
> We have two SMPP links which both didn't work because of that. The patch I did takes
>the message_id "as is" and stores it "as is". What's wrong with that approach? Why
>should I care if the SMSC uses hex or decimal digits for its message ID?

that's how your(!) smsc links act, not as all smsc links act. We have
some of those (and others too, see Oded's and Nisan's mail) that
deliver hex and decimal values in submit_sm_resp and deliver_sm, hence
your need to configure the smsc link, so that the module knows how to
map the ids.

You should take care because your SQL statement that inserts and
select for those doesn't know about hex and decimal.

Example:

  a submit_sm_resp gives you a msg id of "123456" (in decimal)
  now you write that string to your table space
  now the dlr comes in in a deliver_sm pdu with msg id of "1E240" (in
hex)
  now you try to select(/find) the msg with id "1E240", but you can't
find it
  because the msg id you saved it was "123456"

hope that illustrates the problem.

Stipe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wapme Systems AG